Cleaning & Sealing Natural Stone: Limestone, Travertine, Marble
Considerations for cleaning stone *
- Regular, basic maintenance type cleaning
- Use any non-caustic degreasing agent (mild dish or hand soap) mixed in warm water.
- Deep cleaning, minor restoration (mild etch) type cleaning
- Dilute muriatic acid 10 parts water to 1-part store-bought muriatic acid
- Wet entire stone surface
- Pour dilute mix and move it around with a sponge mop – consider doing in 20 square foot over lapping sections. Don’t let it sit in one place without moving and agitating it. Acid will neutralize after 10-15 seconds.
- Finish with a rinsing the surface with clean water
Sealing the stone **
- Before proceeding with sealing, if you applied new grout, you need to wait at least 2 weeks for the outgassing of the grout to complete.
- If you only did stone cleaning, seal after the stone is thoroughly dry, typically a day or two.
* This does not apply to high polished marble – contact us for those details.
** We highly recommend purchasing sealer products from a tile showroom. We recommend Stain Proof from Dry Treat .
Direct inquiries to: email@example.com