For the Love of Bluestone
Gothicstone SEAHAZE SEAtm is a Bluestone quarried in the Atlas Mountains of northern Morocco. Several other countries quarry Bluestone, like Belgium, Germany, France, Vietnam, China, and the USA. One of the main differentiations between the Pennsylvania Bluestone vs Moroccan Bluestone is that our SEAHAZE SEAtm Bluestone is characterized as a limestone whereas the PA/NY Bluestone is characterized as a sandstone. Limestones typically stay cooler than sandstones.
8 Reasons to choose Gothicstone SEAHAZE SEAtm Limestone for your Bluestone pavers.
- PA and NY Bluestones are quarried from sandstone deposits. And commonly suffer from chipping, delamination, and flaking due to the way the deposit is formed in striated sedimentary layers. The striations (layers) do not commonly occur in limestone deposits. For this reason, the SEAHAZE SEAtm limestone is easier to work with and will retain its natural beauty without the delamination issues that can be quite common with the PA and NY Bluestones.
- Due to many of the advantageous technical characteristics of limestone plus a more exacting manufacturing process, SEAHAZE SEAtm Limestone is often less expensive to implement compared to the Bluestone originating from PA and NY.
- SEAHAZE SEAtm Limestone pavers are greater than 5,000 PSI compressive strength. They can be used in the most industrial applications.
- Gothicstone produces extra-large format pavers which are available according to your specifications. Example sizes are 18×36, 30×30, 24×48, 48×48, and varying thicknesses according to your project needs (2cm/3cm/4cm/5cm/6cm/7cm, etc.).
- SEAHAZE SEAtm cuts beautifully and is processed with more precision and accuracy than the typical PA and NY Bluestone processing plants can produce. The resulting aesthetic is the ability to “butt install” the pavers or tile without extra-large grout joints.
- Limestones typically stay cooler than sandstones which is obviously an additional benefit to using SEAHAZE SEAtm Bluestone over the PA/NY option for copings, pool deck or any outdoor hardscape areas.
- SEAHAZE SEAtm products available for your projects are pavers, slabs for countertops and wall caps, step treads, block treads, coping, cladding, tile and driveway pavers or cobblestones.
- Finishes variety: Suregrip Moleskintm – a mechanically sandblasted surface; Etruscan Finishtm – bush hammered with a mechanically sandblasted secondary finish applied; Tumbled; Honed; Bush Hammer – mimics the ancient art of point chiseling/texturing the surface of the stone. A great combination of textural visual aesthetic and tactile interest without being too aggressive, and yet it significantly raises the co-efficient of friction (for those who have that concern); Micro Bush Hammer – a finer more delicate version of the above.
Contact us for your free project value engineering consult.
Blogs that may be of interest: